The keffiyeh (Arabic: كوفية, romanized: koofiyyeh) is a chequered scarf that is usually worn around the neck or head. This keffiyeh has become a symbol of Palestinian nationalism, dating back to the 1936–1939 Arab revolt in Palestine. Outside of the Middle East and North Africa, the keffiyeh first gained popularity among activists supporting the Palestinians in the conflict with Israel and is an icon of Palestinian solidarity.
Instructions for Wearing a Shemagh:
1. With the shemagh completely open, match one corner with the corner diagonally opposite from it, folding the square in half and into a triangle.
2. Pull the folded edge of the shemagh over your forehead, positioning it somewhere between your hairline and your eyebrows.
3. Pull the right side around to the left so that it wraps completely under your chin. Pull the end over your shoulder and toward the back of your head.
4. Grab the leading or folded edge of the left side with your right hand and pull it all the way across your face, toward your right side. Unlike the right side of the shemagh, this left side should drape across your nose and mouth, not under your chin.
5. Use a tight overhand or double knot to secure the shemagh in place. This knot should be at the back of your head, roughly around the back center, and it must be tight enough to keep the shemagh on your face.
6. Adjust the shemagh as needed so that the material covers the top of your head and lower half of your face without covering your eyes. After this step, the shemagh is complete.
*** THIS PRODUCT IS SHIPPED DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTORY, PLEASE ALLOW 14-21 DAYS FOR THE PRODUCT TO BE DELIVERED TO YOU
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.